Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Love

I just finished watching a film with Julia Roberts and Richard Geere. It wasn't pretty woman, but the theme was the same: love. As expected, the movie has a happy romantic end. Even though it's just a movie, it made me think about my own romantic live, or should I say about not having one.

Finding love can be daunting. Can one even really look for and find love? I'm not sure. According to Dr. Cox, "you don't find love, love finds you." I'd like to believe that! Maybe time will show me that it is true. Perhaps it's true for some but not for others. Some people seem to never find love. I think about those I've talked to in the study and who tell me they live alone, don't have any children, and whose answers in the CESD show they feel lonely, sad. I don't want to grow old and be alone...

Finding love is daunting. I see a lot of men in school, the metro-rail, the bus, the hospital. Some are very attractive… some look at me and seem interested, others look pass through me, some, caught up in conversations with colleagues and friends, don't even look. Oh God there's so much variety… Asian, Hispanic, Gringos, Blacks, older, and younger. By the way they look at me, I can infer what they're thinking, some look as if they were seeing a pretty girl, they look with tenderness; others look and seem to picture me naked, I can tell by their indecent and savage look; others seem to think no big deal, not a bit interested. I walk pass by many a day, and sometimes I wonder if I'll find "my prince" among any of them.

I've grown tired of waiting for love. I'm 26 and I've never been in a real relationship. I have gotten married, made love, and cried for love in my imaginary stories. .. To be continued

No comments: