Saturday, October 25, 2008

Confusion

I'm in the midst of an existential crisis, which began when I decided I didn’t want to pursue a PhD in psychology. I think that for a while every aspect of my life revolved about that goal. Something happened during the last year and a half that shifted the focus of my career goals. I wasn’t happy with what I had planned for my future. Someone I watched in a talk show talking about his dreams and accomplishments in an NGO inspired me; his testimony gave me one of the answers I was looking for…This process of inquiry about life’s meaning is never ending. It’s an ongoing thing!

Human beings never stop questioning; we’re never satisfied with our current state of knowledge, which is of course a great thing, although painful at times. Infinite questions…yes! I'm in a constant search for the meaning of (my) life.

No comments: